20 Jun Top 10 Payment Gateways in India for Merchants [Updated 2019]
Top 10 Payment Gateways in India for Merchants
These days, people in India are getting used to the effortlessness of shopping online. And, as a result, e-commerce is growing speedily in India. Although the cash on delivery method is the means of shopping with which most of the people are accustomed, payment through credit card or debit card or even net banking for purchasing accessories is becoming a favored payment preference for plenty of customers. This reason is enough to emphasize that for an e-commerce website to prosper, the selection of a good payment gateway provider is mandatory. We list down the Top 10 Payment Gateways in India for your easy perusal
To choose the best payment gateway for your business—big or small is never easy. Get financial help for your e-business, online retail shop, bricks and tricks, brick and mortars or other similar organization with best payment gateway in India. Be aware of the ASP (Application Service Provider) who can provide you with the most excellent computer-based facilities using the best standard protocol. Consulting with e-commerce experts, we have created a list of payment gateway providers in India who can help you run your business as it should be.
Quick facts about Best Payment gateways in India
- A payment gateway is an economical service provided by an e-commerce ASP.
- The application service provider or ASP empowers credit cards or direct payment dispensation for your business.
- Payment gateways offer computer-based services like providing admittance to software program using a standard payment protocol.
- The Indian payment gateways may be provided by a bank but generally, a dedicated financial service provider offers such services to their customer.
- Using payment gateway service, payment can be transacted by transferring information between a payment portal and the obtaining bank.
How to Choose the Best Payment Gateway in India?
We have listed here the top payment gateways in India after comparing reviews of several online payment methods in India. The names are listed randomly as one cannot call any of these payment methods the ultimate best. Each method is unique in its own. That service will be ideal for you who fulfill your specific requirements and as every person demands diverse, no service can be the ultimate choice for everyone.
However, here we have listed certain things which you should consider while choosing the service that best suits you.
- Setup fee, TDR, Annual fee and other costs of payment gateway. In other words, look for the payment gateway charges.
- The time it will take to set up the things
- The user interface of the gateway
- Payment options
- After sale support
In this list of payment gateways, we have mentioned and elaborated these features of each and every gateway along with certain additional information which may help you take the final decision. In this payment gateway India list, there are also some international payment gateways India.
How to get a Payment Gateway for my website in India?
You must follow these steps to integrate a payment gateway into a website.
- Incorporate a business entity.
- Open a business account with the documents of an incorporated business entity.
- The documents required are-
- Incorporation certificate
- Memorandum of Association and article of association
- Partnership deep
- PAN card for the company
- Once the account gets opened, the promoters can apply for payment gateway service.
Which payment gateway is best in India?
Here we have listed the top 10 best payment gateways in India with the service charges, key features and contact info of the payment gateway companies to aid you to decide for the best payment gateway India 2018.
1) Cashfree Payment gateway
Cashfree is the leading banking expertise company which aids businesses to collect and distribute payments. Get the broadest range of payment choices with India’s only mass payouts and payment gateway providers in India. With this incorporated disbursement gateway, you can choose from ample of payment options for your transactions-
- Visa card, Master Card, Maestro Card, Rupay Card or Amex Card
- 70+ Netbanking options
- Mobile wallets including Airtel, Mobikwik, Freecharge
- UPI, NEFT, IMPS, and Paypal.
Cashfree Payment gateway is one of the cheapest payment gateways in India as it offers the lowest TDR in India. This payment gateway charges only 1.75% per transaction even for a fresh trader account. Another specialty of this service is, it is also a shopify payment gateway India which most of such platforms are not.
Also, Cashfree is among the best free payment gateway for a website in India as it has the fastest settlement cycle of 24 hours to 48 hours. Analyzing the designation of your website, it can even offer pop-up, redirect, iframe and flawless sign out methods. Moreover, it can also work as an International Payment Gateway.
- ZERO initial Setup Fees
- ZERO annual Maintenance Fees
- ZERO minimum Annual Business Requirement
- Applicable fee per transaction:
- 75% + Rs 0 per traction for Credit & Debit cards on—Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Rupay, 70+ net banking, Wallets—Paytm, Airtel money, Freecharge, Mobikwik, Ola Money, Jiomoney, and UPI.
- 5% + Rs 7 per transaction for International Credit Cards on Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
- Extra taxes for other functions at times.
- As this payment gateway India offers payment options including Paypal, you can accept even the international payments from the very first day.
- Pay later options: Ola Credit, Lazy Pay, ePayLater
- EMI options: Flexmoney, Zestmoney and other EMI options.
- Supports—recurring billing, multi-currency (32+ foreign currencies including other currencies if requested), commence CMS System including Shopify India, Magento, OpenCart India, Prestashop, and Storehippo.
- Days to start a Transaction: Within 24 hours of signing up, even the international payment can get activated. This feature makes it the best payment gateway for international transactions in India.
- Settlement Days: 24 hours
- Customer care: For each account, an account manager is assigned. He stays as an only face of contact. Customers can even live chat with the authority on weekdays.
- Documents required: Scanned copy of checks canceled, PAN Card and address proof.
- Mobile app: Available for Android as well as iOS.
- Subscription Management: Payments can be collected for subscriptions which can be customized.
- Account activation within 24 hours
- Smart Analytics: Get a live transaction report. This feature allows you to evaluate monthly collections and means of payments. Reports about settled and unsettled transactions will reach you regularly.
Contact details: Call on (+91)080-47091893 or visit the official website to contact Cashfree payment gateway—the best payment gateway India.
This International Payment Gateway for Indian Merchants has urbanized numerous strategies to serve its customers with the best facilities. It has made simple the progression of collecting domestic and global payments in the e-store. It has designed tools like Marketplace Settlement (for tearing the commission with vendors), Payouts (to mechanize bulk payments), Cashgrams (to discharge immediate refunds) and Payouts DIRECT (to assist businesses to attach their current account to make instantaneous mass payments even on a bank time off.
The long list of facilities offered by Cashfree definitely has helped you answer the question, ‘which is the best payment gateway in India?’ No other Indian Payment Gateways can provide you with such a wide range of payment options. So if you are in search of the best payment gateway in India for small business or even for large business, give your search a break with Cashfree.
2) InstaMojo Payment Gateway
With InstaMojo International Payment Gateway, a merchant can create a merchant bank account right away to amass online payments effortlessly. It can be done with or without a website. Even though it is kept on the second position, InstaMojo is quite a discussed name for a payment gateway. The first name that appears on your computer screen when you search for an ideal online merchant website is that of InstaMojo as it supplies several such facilities which others in this list do not provide the customer with.
- Zero annual maintenance charge
- Transaction fee–Flat fee @2% + Rs 3 per transaction.
- Supports—all major e-commerce CMS Systems such as Magento, Prestashop, and Opencart.
- Does not support—International Payment, Credit card and multi-currency (supports only INR)
- Days to start a transaction: Just by signing up with email and knowing about the type of credit card acknowledged one can easily start getting payment.
- Settlement days: It will take 3 days in the bank account connected.
- Withdrawal Fees: Zero
- Documents required: See the list of required documents by signing up with the payment gate way.
- Customer care: According to the IVR system of the gateway, the service is closed over weekends. However, even on the days of the week, your call may go answered.
- Mobile app: Not Available
Contact Details: you can call on (+91)8880110011for accessing InstaMojo International Payment Gateway—one of the best online payment gateways.
3) EBS Payment Gateway
The specialty of this payment gateway for a website is it is authorized by safety and process obedience followed by ISO 27001-2013 Standard. It is the primary service provider that had attained the PCI DSS 3.0 standards of fulfillment. Therefore, if you in search of the most secure payment gateway in India, EBS Billings can be your perfect preference.
- Zero initial setup fees
- Rs 2400 flat annual maintenance charge applicable every year with a one-time setup fee depending on the package selected.
- The transaction fee per transaction depends on the package selected.
Supports—international payment/credit card (including Visa, Master Card, American Express, JCB & Dinner cards), multiple currency (11 major foreign languages including INR, USD, GBP, Euro, Arab Emirates Dinar, Qatari Rial, Omani Rial, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar and Australian Dollar), e-commerce CMS Systems.
- Withdrawal Fees: Zero
- Days to start a transaction: just after one day of online activation, the merchants can go live with EBS.
- Settlement Days: 2-3 days.
- Documents required: You can visit the official site of the service provider for this.
- Customer care: Get your issues resolved on the weekdays talking to the friendly staff. The service is unavailable over weekends.
- Mobile app: Available for Windows, iOS, and Android.
While setting up a business, what every merchant aims for most is its security. Security ensures customer’s attention towards the business. And, EBS payment Gateway is the most secure service in the payment gateway list. Also, it is an international payment gateway India. Consequently, EBS billing can be a good choice for you.
Contact details– Unavailable
4) PayPal Payment Gateway
PayPal payment gateway service is associated with the immensely popular payment option—PayPal. This global payment alternative is available in 200+ countries and has progressed 4 billion payments which include 1 billion payments through the mobile phone. Regularly, PayPal has over 175 million clients all around the world. An Indian corporation cannot admit Indian credit cards via PayPal due to which merchants in India use PayPal to obtain funds from the overseas clienteles. This is due to banking regulations in India. Supporting more than 100 currencies, financially supporting departure service in the bank accounts in 57 currencies and clutching balances in the PayPal accounts in 26 currencies, PayPal has proved to be the best international payment gateway for Indian merchants. Merchants must have to have PayPal incorporated on his e-commerce Store to expect orders from global patrons.
- ZERO annual maintenance charge
- 4.4% + US40.30 + currency conversion charge is the transaction fee per transaction.
Merchant has to decide a base currency as an alternative of Indian currency as PayPal does not distinguish INR. Also, an Indian can use PayPal only to take delivery of international payments. As PayPal converts payment first into US$, then into INR and charges for each conversion, you will get less amount than the payment sent by the transmitter.
- Supports—multi-currency (over 100 currencies globally with alternatives to maintain your earnings in 57 currencies) and all the major e-commerce CMS Systems.
- It requires no withdrawal fees. However, you will need a Foreign Inward Remittance Certificate if you want to receive money daily.
- Days to start the transactions: The transaction can be started just after the successful registration.
- Settlement days: The payment received will get withdrawn to the local bank routinely from the PayPal account regularly.
- Documents required: You can start a PayPal merchant in just a few minutes. All it needs is your identity through scanned PAN, local bank account and a purpose code.
- Customer Care: The best customer system you can ever have from a payment gateway is from PayPal.
- Mobile app: Available for iOS and Android.
Contact Details: a call 18002023852 can associate you with this free payment gateway India.
5) FonePaisa payment gateway
As the name itself points out the payment medium, Fone Paisa payment gateway makes your mobile phone an interface to transact payments. The entire payment records can be tracked and altered by your mobile phone. This platform aims to make payment gateway a convenient and less complex way to make payments. The provider claims to ensure loyalty and relationship of the individual with the system.
- Negotiable annual maintenance charge.
- Negotiable setup fees.
- Transaction fee per transaction—2% for Domestic cards, 3.5% for international, 3.5% for American Express, 2% for net banking, 0.7% UPI and 2% for wallets.
- Supports—multiple currencies, international Payment, credit card and eCommerce CMS System including WordPress, Joomla, Magento, Opencart, PrestaShop, WHCMS
- No withdrawal fee
- Days to start the transaction: 2 business days
- Settlement days: T+2 business days
- Documents required: It depends on the type of business.
- Customer care: Customers can register their queries or find help through Email, Whatsapp or Phone call.
- Mobile App: Available for iOS and Android.
- Mobile Optimised design
- Widest payment choices including all wallets, UPI and advanced UPI
- Scan and pay
- Subscription Payments
- Withdrawal gateway
Contact details- email@example.com
6) CCAvenue Payment Gateway
CCAvenue is another payment gateway that provides a broad range of payment alternatives. Even though you have found its name on quite a lower position on this list of top 10 payment gateways, you cannot underestimate CCAvenue. It is one of the largest payment gateways in India with 200+ payment options. The payment options include 6 Credit Cards (Amex, JCB, Diners Club, Mastercard, Visa, and eZeClick). With CCAvenue, you can get admission to services in the foremost worldwide marketplace as it supports 27 major currencies. It is considered to be one of the best payment methods in India as the payment page offered is multilingual in 18 major Indian languages. So now you can easily answer, ‘what is CCAvenue?’ Read the article below to know about CCavenue payment gateway charges and CCAvenue pricing.
- ZERO initial setup fees
- Rs 1200 is the annual maintenance fees
- Transaction fee per transaction flat fee: 2% for domestic Credit & Debit Cards on Visa, Mastercard and Maestro RuPay, 2% for wallets—Freecharge, Mobiwik, OlaMoney, Jiomoney, Paytm, PayZapp Jana Cash, SBI Buddy and mobile wallet, 2% for IMPS & UPI, 3% for International Credit Cards on Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB and Diners Club.
- Other taxes are applicable at times.
- Supports—International Payment, Credit card, multi-currency (27 major foreign currencies) and e-commerce CMS System (including Buildabazaar, Cubecart, Drupal, Interspire, Joomla, Magento, Magento Go, Martjack, Moodle, NopCommerce, Opencart, OsCommerce, PrestaShop, VirtueMart, WHMCS, WordPress, ZenCart)
- No withdrawal fees
- Days to start the transaction: The service provider claims to start the transaction within 1 hour of registration. In actual, the activation takes 3-6 days. Before making payments, the gateway will ask for several documents and will perform certain time-consuming processes.
- Settlement days: The minimum amount required to be kept in the account is Rs 1000. The payment settles weekly for all amounts.
- Customer care: The payment portal claims to support the merchants 24×7 hours throughout the year. They offer chat, voice and email support. Although they respond very well to the queries or questions of the customers, the service remains closed on weekends contrary to what is claimed by the website.
- Documents required: Visit the official website of the payment gateway to find the list of documents required by CCAvenues.
- Mobile App: Available for Android, iOS, and Windows as well.
Contact details- Unavailable
7) Atom Paynetz Payment Gateway service
Atom is the most ground-breaking payment service provider. It offers over 100 payment options. With more than 15 million transactions, it has gained the trust of customers across the world. It is sponsored by FT Group and has gained support from more than 4500 powerful merchants across the country. Again we remind you, the positions of the top payment gateways in India in this list are random. One cannot take any of the listed Indian payment gateways for granted.
- No annual maintenance charge for the first year, from the second year, you will have to pay a charge of Rs 2400.
- Transaction Fee per transaction: 2.1% on Credit Cards and 0.75% for on debit cards for transactions less than Rs 2000 and 1% for transactions more than Rs 2000.
- It does not support—international payment, credit card, and multi-currency.
- Supports—Domestic Credit Cards including Visa, Master, AMEX, Diners, JCB, Discover and all the major e-commerce CMS systems including Magento, WooCommerce, Prestashop, etc.
- Zero withdrawal fees
- Days to start the transaction (T): 5-6 days after all the documents are submitted.
- Settlement days: T+2 days
- Customer care- One will have to contact the service providers through the indirect method as the number which the site provides is out of work.
- Documents required: Business Registration documents and a PO
- Mobile app: Available only for Android
Contact details: 022-6686 4010
8) PayTM payment Gateway
PayTM has materialized out to be the best payment gateway in India for small businesses. It is a leading payment gateway in the country by its popularity, accessibility, and services. As it is among the most common Payment Gateways in India, we will elaborate on the details of this online payment gateway service provider in this content. The main reason for the great success of this provider is its online consumer base with Paytm Cash Wallet. This convenience has increased the number of e-commerce merchants making their payments online. Moreover, PayTm has also gained popularity as a woocommerce payment gateway India.
PayTm payment gateway charges
- Rs 5000 is the initial setup fees
- Rs 5000 requires an annual maintenance charge
- The minimum Annual Business Requirement is zero.
- Transaction fee per transaction
- 99% for domestic debit or credit cards o Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay
- 99% on Amex, ezeClick, JCB and Diners
- Other taxes are applicable from time to time.
- Supports—domestic credit cards including Visa, Master, Maestro, Amex, Discover and Diners and all kinds of international payments.
- It does not support—international credit cards on Visa and Master card and multi-currency.
- Charges do not apply to transactions for multi-currency.
- Withdrawal fees are zero
- Days to start the transaction: After 2 days since you have submitted all the necessary documents for registering to PayTm, you can go live with this payment gateway.
- Settlement days: 2-3 days.
- Documents required: Business registration and bank account details.
- Customer care: Merchants can get support from the service provider throughout the week. The staff is quite friendly.
- List of shopping carts available on PayTm:
Opencart, Magento, Zencart, WordPress Woocommerce, Jhoomla Virtue Mart, Prestashop, Ubercart, OSCommerce, Easy digital, ViArt, Drupal Commerce, Moodle, Gravity forms, Virtuemart, Nopcommerce and few more.
- Mobile app: Available for Android and iOS as well.
Contact details: sign up their website to access this online payment gateway service provider.
The leading e-commerce payment system PayTm offers local online services like
Mobile recharges, utility bill payments, events booking, travel, and movie booking. PayTm has made it possible to use in-store payments at grocery stores, fruits and vegetable shops, pharmacies, parking, and restaurants. This is made possible through a code known as PayTm QR code. The digital wallet company claims that over seven million merchants make use of its QR code to accept payments directly into their bank across the country. The revenues are generated by the company through advertisements. The products developed under the canopy of PayTm are PayTm Mall, PayTm Payments Bank, PayTm Money, PayTm Gamepad and PayTm Smart Retail. Besides these facilities, PayTm payment gateway pricing has played a reasonable role in marketing the online website.
Don’t you think PayTm resembles Pay Pal? For the sake of information, we ought to inform you about the PayPal-PayTm controversy. For copying the title designation of PayPal, the international company filed a case against PayTm in 2016. As a consequence, PayTm was charged $10 billion.
9) DirecPay Payment Gateway Service
DirecPay is an easy and convenient option for merchants to grow their online business. DirecPay had contributed considerably to making India a huge market for retailers desiring to sell online. Hence, we can consider DirecPay among the top payment gateways in India. The service providers claim to offer cost-effective solutions along with numerous payment acceptance modes. They provide the merchants with a protected, vigorous technology policy that has proved to be revolutionary for online merchants.
- ZERO annual maintenance charge
- Transaction fee per transaction:
- 2% for domestic Credit and Debit Card on Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay
- 2% for wallets
- 2% for NEFT, IMPS, Cash cards& UPI
- 3% for Amex, ezeClick, JCB and Diners
- Additional tax applicable at times according to different processes.
- Supports—International Payment/Credit card with an additional refundable security deposit of Rs 30000, multi-currency (US$ for international merchants) and major e-commerce CMS Systems including nopCommerce, Prestashop, OpenCart, OSCommerce, Joomla, WordPress, WHMCS, cubecart, and cscart.
- Withdrawal fees are Zero
- Days to start the transactions- 5-7 days
- Settlement days- Transaction days plus 2 days
- Documents required- Business registration documents
- Customer care- not available over weekends but active and responsive over the days of weeks.
- Mobile App- Available for Android as well as iOS.
Contact details– Call on 9619712858 for accessing the service; or use email- firstname.lastname@example.org
10) Razorpay Payment Gateway
In this list of top 10 payment gateways, RazorPay is last but not the least member. It has the specialty which no other online payment sites present in the list of top 10 payment gateways have. Yes, it is the only payment platform that permits businesses to admit, practice and distribute. For this purpose, the company owns a product suite. Also, with this payment system, one can easily access all payment modes which other payment systems in India offer like a credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI and wallets. Get the uppermost level of tech amalgamation with reasonable RazorPay Pricing.
- Zero annual maintenance charge
- No setup fee
- 18% GST applicable on the transaction fees.
- Transaction fee per transaction:
- 2% for every successful transaction
- +1% on international cards, EMI and Amex
- Supports—International Credit card and payment (although it is a separate process which requires a longer time for proceeding) and all the major e-commerce CMS System (including WooCommerce, Magento, WordPress, Arastta, Shopify, Opencart, etc.)
- Does not support multi-currency
- Withdrawal fee is zero
- Days to start the transaction: After the endorsement of documents submitted, the transaction will start soon after the activation.
- Settlement days- 3 days
- Documents required- Visit the official website of the payment gateway to see the entire list of documents required.
- Customer care: Genuinely, this gateway supports customers 24/7 through chat support and IVR.
- Mobile app: Available for Android and iOS via Cordova/PhoneGap
Contact details– send an email email@example.com to get more information about this payment gateway.
The strategy which has attracted the customers towards this free payment gateway for a website is its transparency. It has simple and transparent pricing plans for running its business smoothly. RazorPay charges no hidden fees during the registration or in the midway. And this way, it can be considered to be the cheapest payment gateway India.
What are the top 10 international payment gateways?
As we live in a multi-currency world, to widen their reach, merchants should use an international payment gateway. With international payment gateways, one can ensure security as they are well known. Also, as these gateways decrease the Total Cost of Ownership, they can help you save your money. Although the list of payment gateway international is different from that of the top payment gateways list mentioned above, one must not get confused as this (international payment gateway list) list is ideal only for those who consider multi-currency as their first priority while choosing the gateway. The top international payment gateway in India are listed below-
- Allied Wallet
Razor pay vs InstaMojo
RazorPay and InstaMojo, both are the most popular gateways in India. People generally get confused among these two when it comes to select the best payment gateways in India. So here, we have compared both these master gateways for making this mess simpler for you. The detailed information about both the gateways is already discussed in the payment gateways in India list. The difference between the two is listed here-
- InstaMojo provides Fraud protection which the other does not.
- Compliance is not required for InstaMojo while it is necessary for Razor Pay.
- RazorPay supports mobile optimization and live chat, and provides 24-hour support and recurring payments while the other does not have such specifications.
- InstaMojo offers SSL support which lacks in RazorPay.
Hope you enjoyed this article. Do let us know your thoughts in the comments section below! If you are looking for a website development agency or a digital marketing agency make sure to contact us here!