KPIs are Key Performance Indicators and a type of Metrics. Metrics are a kind of statistical numbers that are used to measure the activities and performances of a company or an organization. With the help of metrics you can track whether your company or an organization is progressing with the help of ads or any other social media marketing strategies.
Being an active social media user you must know that many businesses now use Instagram also to promote their brands. It is rapidly growing and has over 1 billion monthly active users. The measurement of KPIs on Instagram is amazing but not all business owners know how to properly use it. On Instagram you can connect to people and can engage with them.
If you don’t know which KPIs is best to measure then it will waste your lot of time and resources too. To save your precious time and resources we will tell you which social media marketing KPIs on Instagram are most important to pay attention to:
• Reach and Impressions – these are very important to know how many people are really noticing your ads and posts, or how many people you are engaging with through your ads and posts. Impressions tell you how many times your post or story was shown on Instagram as a whole while reach counts and tell you the unique users those who viewed your post or story. If the metrics is high in reach and impression then you are publishing good and targeting right people. But if this goes down then you need to change your strategy.
• Rate of Engagement – engagements means the interaction with your posts on the basis of shares, likes, and comments. The rate of engagement will help you to know which of your post is most liked by your customers on the basis of numbers that the KPIs tell you. One important thing to keep in mind is to like and comment back as many comments on your post so that your customers get a feeling of belongingness. This will help you to increase your engagement rates. This will. Give you a hint that you are posting right content or not so that you can make required changes and can increase your rate of engagement. If your engagement rate is between 1% to 3.5% this means average.
• Follower rate – this metrics help you to keep track of your followers. It is very important for you to grow your business. For keeping track of your followers you just need to look your follower count and see if its going up or down. If it’s going up that means you are posting attractive and creative content and targeting the right people, but if it is going down then you need to make considerable changes in the content you are posting to get engaged with more people.
• Hashtags – adding hashtags to your posts will increase the engagement of your post and stories. While using hashtags you need to keep one thing in mind that is use hashtags that are relevant to your post or story so that you can target the right audience. To check your hashtag engagement you just need to open your post and click on insights you will get a detailed report that from which KPI you attracted your audience most.
• When to post – to increase your engagement and followers you need to keep proper gap of time of posting your posts. Don’t post on Saturdays, Sundays and late nights. The best time to post on Instagram is on Wednesday at 11 AM and on Fridays at 10 – 11 AM. Engagement is very less on Sundays. To know at what time and days your followers are engaging more with your posts just go on to Instagram insight, then go to audience and then scroll down to followers tab. This will show you a peak time when your audience likes your post. From next time choose the peak time to post to increase your engagement.
• Mentions – it means that how many people are mentioning you on their post or stories. The more the people mention you more the engagement you will get and your page will get more attention. To keep track on mention KPI you just need to see regular notifications. For getting attention on your Instagram page you don’t need to pay a single penny for promotion and for targeting the desired audience. Someone will just mention you in their post or stories, people will see and will visit your page.
So when you have grabbed so much knowledge about what are KPIs, how you can use them in the best possible way to increase your business growth. Take note about all this and then post, it will definitely help your business grow in one of the most widely used social media platform that is Instagram.